FOTON Electric Trucks Were Delivered to Thailand Market
THAILAND, March 29, 2023 /chinatrucks.com/ -- On March 27, 2023, FOTON Motor and CP FOTON Sales Company (hereafter refer to as CP FOTON), the Thai-based joint venture between China’s Foton Motor Group and the local CP Group, held a ceremony to deliver batch of electric light trucks. Benjamin Sukanjanajtee, Minister-counsellor of Royal Thai Embassy in China, Wu Xibin, Director and General Manager of FOTON Motor, Nopadol Chiaravanont, vice chairman of Industrial Business Group at Charoen Pokphand Group(CP Group) and CP FOTON dealer partners were all present at the ceremony. In the meantime, Foton Motor also signed a strategic cooperation memorandum with a major customer in sanitation construction in Thailand in the presence of everyone there.
During the event, FOTON Motor delivered a batch of all-electric light trucks to the CP FOTON. Established in 2019, CP FOTON is the sole importer and distributor of FOTON trucks and buses in the Thai market, where it aims to be in the top three in the truck segment. In response to Thai's target to achieve 100% production of zero-emission electric vehicles by 2035, CP FOTON plans to invest in a new commercial vehicle assembly facility in the country for sale locally and for export to other ASEAN markets.
In the future, FOTON Motor will also jointly work with local dealers to build EV charging and battery swapping network in the country to boost customers’ confidence in the technology, quality and efficiency of electric trucks.
The cooperation between FOTON and CP FOTON on the "Fuel + New Energy" product portfolio will open up a new era in the commercial vehicle sector and greatly contribute to the development of Thailand's transport and logistics industry in Asia and the world. With the finalization of FOTON's production base, Thailand will become an important production base for FOTON's electric commercial vehicles.
Recently, the Thai government is putting in efforts to promote Thailand as an electric vehicle (EV) production base for the ASEAN region. Against the backdrop, FOTON will leverage Thailand's position as a regional manufacturing hub, its complete range of automotive component manufacturers and skilled workers to make it the largest exporter of automotive components in ASEAN.
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- SANY Awarded as 2022 Forbes China TOP 50 Sustainable DEV Industrial Enterprises
- Daimler Trucks and Buses Signs Deal with XCMG Fire Fighting
- FAW Jiefang Sichuan Branch Was Officially Established
- Bus & Truck Expo Set to be Held in May 2023
- Yutong, SCG Signed MoU for Green Mining in Thailand
- CAT Displays Its First Battery Electric Large Mining Truck
- SANY Equipment Assists in Constructing Iraqi Airport
- Over 5000 Swappable Battery Heavy Trucks Were in Operation in Tangshan
- Iveco Group Attends China International Import Expo(CIIE) 2022
- Mercedes-Benz Exhibits Its Latest Products and Solutions at CIIE 2022
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China’s Truck Exports Grew by 43.8% YoY to 46600 Units in Feb., 2023
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Rising 29% YOY to 77200 in Feb
- China Exports 567,000 Trucks in 2022, Hitting a New High in a Decade
- China’s Pickup Exports Jumped 65% YOY in 2022
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 42% YOY to 53,000 Units in November
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Fell by 9% YoY to 46000 Units in Nov.
- Farizon Continues to Be at the Top of the Industry
- FAW Jiefang Achieved a 25% MoM Increase in Medium and Heavy-duty Trucks in Oct.
- September Pickup Truck Sales Went up 9.4% from August in China
- FARIZON New Energy Light Trucks Took the First Place for 9 Consecutive Months