410 Units of SAIC Fuel Cell Vehicles Were Put into Commercial Use in Shanghai
SHANGHAI, CHINA -- On August 5, SAIC announced that its first batch of 410 hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, including MAXUS MIFA hydrogen fuel cell MPVs, Hongyan hydrogen fuel cell heavy trucks and SAIC fuel cell cold chain logistics vehicles, will be officially put into commercial operation in Shanghai, China.
Shanghai made it clear that it would accelerate the commercial application of hydrogen fuel cells in transportation and increase the number of fuel cell vehicles to 10,000 units by 2025. Shanghai-based SAIC Group, on the other hand, said that it would accelerate the industrialization of fuel cell vehicles and strive to make Shanghai a demonstration and application city for hydrogen energy technology.
As the first Chinese automotive company to develop fuel cell technology, SAIC has launched the Phoenix One fuel cell vehicle project back in 2001. With years of efforts and billions of investment in R&D, the project has been awarded "Grand Prize" of China Automotive Science and Technology Award. In 2021, SHPT, a subsidiary of SAIC Group, launched the world-leading, fully self-developed SHPT Qiyuan M4H fuel cell reactor, which can achieve a 100% independent research and development with all the 44 first-class components domestically produced. This fuel cell reactor can be equipped with the SHPT series fuel cell system to generate a power, power density and system power comparable to world's top level represented by Toyota.
SAIC is the only company in the world to have commercialized various types of fuel cell vehicles. SAIC's various fuel cell products, including cars, MPVs, light buses, buses, light trucks and heavy trucks, have been put into commercial operation in more than 10 cities across China, with the total mileage reaching millions of kilometers. In 2014, Roewe 750 became the first fuel cell sedan to be announced in China. In 2016, Roewe 950 became the first fuel cell sedan to be announced, sold and licensed in China. In 2017, SAIC MAXUS FCV80 became the first and only commercialized fuel cell wide-body light passenger in China. In 2018, six Sunwin hydrogen fuel cell buses were put into use at the No 114 bus line in Shanghai's Jiading district. In 2020, SAIC Yuejin Fuel Cell Logistics Vehicle and Fuel Cell Special Purpose Vehicle entered the list announced by the Ministry of Industry, and SAIC MAXUS' world's first fuel cell MPV was officially launched over the same period.
In order to follow the trend of low-carbon development, promote innovation and transformation, and create differentiated competitiveness, SAIC Group launched the first "Hydrogen Energy Strategy" in the automotive industry: By 2025, SAIC will launch at least 10 fuel cell products, increase the market value of SAIC SHPT Hydrogen Technology to ¥10 billion, the number of fuel cell R&D and operation teams to 1,000 people, and expand the production and sales scale of fuel cell vehicles to 10,000 units.
- SAIC MAXUS T60 Electric Pickup to be Available in Australia 2022-08-03
- Popular Pickup Brands Recommended by Overseas Users 2022-08-01
- Overall Sales of SACI MAXUS in the First Six Months Hit 81,000 Units 2022-07-13
- SAIC MAXUS Sold a Total of 12,557 Vehicles in May 2022-06-08
- Hongyan Receives EC WVTA for Its GENLYON H6 Electric Tractor 2022-05-13
- A Total of 52000 SAIC MAXUS Vehicles Were Sold in January-April 2022-05-12
- SAIC MAXUS' Overseas Sales Jumped by 129% YOY to 6940 Units in March 2022-04-12
- 440 SAIC Light-duty Trucks Delivered to Overseas Market 2022-01-07
- Top Ten Dump Truck Players in November 2021-12-30
- SAIC Maxus Advances in North American Market 2021-12-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Forms a New Energy Vehicle Joint Venture with Battery Giant CATL
- 2022 Discovery & Trust Truck Users Survey Campaign Starts
- What Makes CAMC's Battery-swapping Tractor a Superstar in NEV Market
- GEELY, Yuexiu Reached a ¥3 Billion Cooperation on Battery Swapping Heavy Trucks
- SANY and Pony.ai Form Joint Venture to Mass Produce Autonomous Trucks
- FULONGMA's Electric Garbage Truck Debuts at Indonesian PEVS
- SHACMAN Attends the 34th Mobil Delvac Truck Field Race in Colombia
- BYD Makes Its Debut on the Fortune Global 500 List for 2022
- Argentine Ambassador to China Niu Wangdao Paid a Visit to SHACMAN
- Hanma Tech to Stop Production of Traditional Fuel Vehicles by 2025
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Pickup Truck Sales Went Up 19% in June
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 29% YOY to 220,789 Units in H1, 2022
- Sales of New Energy Dump Trucks Jump 476% YoY in First Five Months
- Overall Sales of SACI MAXUS in the First Six Months Hit 81,000 Units
- JMC Saw 61.09% Increase in Exports in the first half of 2022
- Total Chinese Heavy-duty Truck Market for June 2022 Reached 53000 Units
- SAIC MAXUS Sold a Total of 12,557 Vehicles in May
- Sales of New Energy Dumpers Rise by 325.9% in April of 2022
- New Energy Truck Sales Rose by 528% YOY in January to April
- China's Truck Export Rose by 23% YOY to 36272 Units in January to April